I remember being pretty young when I first heard about a kid with a peanut allergy. He wasn’t a kid anyone had met but we all heard some version of the story. The one I knew was that one day on the school bus a kid ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Tiny particles of the peanut butter floated through the air to the back of the bus where the kid was sitting by himself. Nobody noticed anything was wrong until the bus got to school and the kid never got out. The bus driver thought he fell asleep but when he tried to wake him the horrible truth was discovered. This story was of course told while riding in the very same bus where the kid died… and I was sitting in his exact seat!
on May 20, 2011 at 12:00 am